cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W really slow and timing out

masterzedric
Level 1
Level 1

My RV180W is behaving really badly. I'm running the latest firmware (1.0.4.14). Running a speed test is fine, I get 100 Mbit/s (which is my internet connection cap) easy. But then I use my connection normally, and it's a different story. Quite often I get timeouts and hanging while loading pages. If I start a torrent, the connection comes to a crawl, the router tops out at about 5-20 Mbit/s, and if I try surfing, about 1 of out 10 pages actually load at all. The rest just hang, or time out. If I stop the torrent, it's still no go. I have to reboot the router to get things working again. The router log is full of NO CONNTRACK FOUND errors. I've tried for months, searching this forum and others for solutions. Nothing works. Everything that can be turned off in the router is off, no content filtering, no WAN metering. I even turned off logging. No change.

Can this be fixed? Or should I just return this headache-with-a-Cisco-badge?

Oh, by the way, the latest firmware is supposed to fix the Rouge AP problem when adding a second AP. It doesn't. It just makes it slightly less impossible to use the network. I had to turn off Wifi in the router as well to get things working properly. I have about had it with this router, and Cisco as a brand. Please help.

0 Replies 0