Comunicados
Bem-vindo à Comunidade de Suporte da Cisco, gostaríamos de ter seus comentários.

mac flapping

i have mac flapping issue at cisco 3750 switches

Navaz       

Navaz
1 SOLUÇÃO ACEITE

Soluções aceites
Gold

mac flapping

HI Navas,

Are you seeing the MAC flap logs on switch where an AP is connected? Hope this is not causing any trouble for you.

It is very normal on switch to display this mac flapping message if APs are connected to the switch port. The reason for this is due to the fact that switch learns of a particular clients mac from one particular port to which the AP (assume this is AP01)is connected to. Now when the wireless client roam to other AP( assume AP02 which is connected on a different port of same switch where AP01 is connected) the switch will learn that same MAC address on a different port I.e AP02's port and displays the mac flap message.

Hope that helps

Regards

Najaf

2 RESPOSTAS

mac flapping

firewall ----> cisco core switch -------> wireless controller ------ switches ---- access point

this is the topology

Navaz

Navaz
Gold

mac flapping

HI Navas,

Are you seeing the MAC flap logs on switch where an AP is connected? Hope this is not causing any trouble for you.

It is very normal on switch to display this mac flapping message if APs are connected to the switch port. The reason for this is due to the fact that switch learns of a particular clients mac from one particular port to which the AP (assume this is AP01)is connected to. Now when the wireless client roam to other AP( assume AP02 which is connected on a different port of same switch where AP01 is connected) the switch will learn that same MAC address on a different port I.e AP02's port and displays the mac flap message.

Hope that helps

Regards

Najaf

Apresentações
Kudo
Respostas