Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS for BGP routing protocol

greend9coventry
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

This is my first post.  I am currently configuring a  number of cisco 2811 routers that require the BGP exterior routing  protocol, however the IOS version (12.4) currently installed does not  support the bgp protocol.

After entering the commands into the cisco CLI 'protocol not in this image' is returned.

I have spent days trying to find an IOS version that supports bgp, yet I have been unable to find any clear guidance. 

I would very much appreciate if anyone knows which IOS version i require, and also where to obtain it?

Thanks!

- David

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David

There are differences in version (12.4 or 15.0) and differences in feature set. Your post suggests that you think your issue is about version. But your problem is about feature set. Traditionally some feature sets (IP Base etc) do not support BGP while other feature sets (Advanced Services etc) do support. So look for a different feature set.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick

You did not state what 2811 model you are using, I took a guess and went for 2811 (not 2811c)

For the mainline 12.4 IOS - try this c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25e.bin - it the advanced enterprise version feature set , requires Dram/Flash 256 /64

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Good morning,

while configuring a CISCO-888-EA-K9, I encountered the following problem:

Router(config)#router bgp 65000
Protocol not in this image

The router is originally equipped with the image: c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M3.bin

I tried also: c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-2.T.bin

without results.

I would appreciate your cooperation in resolving this issue.

Cordially

Andrea,

What license do you have enabled on this node. Do you have DATA or just basic?.

Try show version or show license to see the license enabled.

-Nagendra

In addition to resurrecting this old thread, Andrea has also started a new thread about this same problem. There have already been several responses in the new thread suggesting that the issue is with the licensing of the router. I suggest that any further responses be made in the new thread and not in this old one.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card