cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

difference between VWic mft t1 controller and a t1 Dsu-Csu T1 v2 Wic

tteslicko
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please tell me if these cards are essentially interchangeable provide they are configured correcty. I asked for internal DSU wic cards, and recieved VWic T1 controllers. It looks as if when you config the time slots of the T1 Controller Card you magically get a Serial interface. I am under the impression with the other card T1 DSU/CSU that the Serial interface was already present. I think I should be ok...but none the less I have five of these routers....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sure it can work for data. Yes probably you've spent a bit more but also got a more advanced product.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You use the vwic when you're doing voice, or have channelized T1, or doing ISDN PRI, or other "advanced" configurations.

If you just have a T1 circuit for data only, the wic card is fine and is more economic. Now cisco also released a HWIC card for the same purpose.

but the vwic will ultimately work for just data i am presuming then? I am concluding that we just paid a little more for it but I can go ahead without rma's etc.

Sure it can work for data. Yes probably you've spent a bit more but also got a more advanced product.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card