Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ping issue from inside to outside

Hi  expert,

On gns I was doing a practice , but I am not able to ping firewall otside interface from router connected to firewall inside interface.

1)  Nat-control is not enale so nat statement is not required.

2) I enable icmp in global policy

3) also applied access-list which permiting all traffic from inside to anywhere , and applied in direction on inside interface of firewall

I enable debug icmp trace on firewall , I saw icmp request from router . but reply from firewall was not.

Please correct me if I was doing anything wrong in this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suryakant.

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi  expert,

On gns I was doing a practice , but I am not able to ping firewall otside interface from router connected to firewall inside interface.

1)  Nat-control is not enale so nat statement is not required.

2) I enable icmp in global policy

3) also applied access-list which permiting all traffic from inside to anywhere , and applied in direction on inside interface of firewall

I enable debug icmp trace on firewall , I saw icmp request from router . but reply from firewall was not.

Please correct me if I was doing anything wrong in this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suryakant.

Suryakant,

To enable ping for outside interface or ip address outside the firewall need to implement acl in firewall to permit the same check out the belwo information and below link on pix and ASA.Hope that help put your query !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094e8a.shtml

and in configure command icmp permit any Outside to enabel ping for interface.

Hope to help

Ganesh.H

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card