Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Book Recommendation

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

Hello All,

Need Very good recommendation for Understanding, Implementing, Configuring QOS for all types of Environments like BGP with MPLS, other etc., Protocols.

Recommendation needed for a "QOS Book" - Study Material based on above requirement.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

4 Replies 4

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

A book from Cisco Press, like Wendell Odom's and Michael Cavanaugh's "Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide" provide very good in depth view of QoS architecture.

Since it concentrates on underlying mechanisms I found it to be more related to real world than to exam, although QPPB desctiption is missing in the book. The book was very good help in a production environment.

I'd say it contains 70% of base QoS knowledge and information.

Also I heard that "End-to-End QoS Network Design: Quality of Service in LANs, WANs, and VPNs" by Tim Szigeti and Christina Hattingh, also published by Cisco Press is good.

hth

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

As previous poster suggested

End to End QOS is a good book if you are looking for implementation on Catalyst switches, routers, VPN devices etc. It also covers QOS on MPLS networks.

It does assume that you know the basics of QOS so it does not go into great detail on PQ, LLQ, CBWFQ etc.

HTH

Jon

I agree with the above posters in saying that the IP telephony - Cisco QoS exam certification guide is good for understanding the QoS and gets into details on the queuing and scheduling techniques

Narayan

Hello All,

Thanks for all your recommendations.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card