Views
Helpful
Replies

Router HWIC issue and want o buy a new one

abdulrafeeque
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco router 3825,
Due to increasing demand of ethernet interface, recently we added one Hwic-2 fasthenet module. But we are not able use both port of same module, When we connect both port simultaneously then one of the port became hanged.
As I pointed, due to increasing demand of ethernet interface-nowadays all new links and existing WAN links coming ethernet media. so serail interface useless for us.
we have 5 branches connected to our head office router, we need atleast 2 Gigaethernet and 6 fastethernet port.  please recommend a suitable model.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update IOS.

Thanks for your update

Our current IOS is 12.3(11r)T2. Shall I upgrad the IOS?, then which version will be compatible?

More over I want to by a new router with atleast 2 port GigabitEthernet and 6 port Fastethernet. Could you recommened any good model?

As mentioned above.

You don't need to buy anything.

Update IOS eg to to 15.0

Hi Abdul,

In order to get you card working, you need 12.4(20)T or later as noted below.

Also for your 3825. the maximum number of 2 port HWIC supported is 2.  In addition to these cards you can also use the on board ports.

Cisco 3825

12.4(20)T

IP Base

Also, have a look at the datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/product_data_sheet0900aecd80581fe6_ps5855_Products_Data_Sheet.html

HTH

Reza

Thanks to all of you for your suggestion and support.

How can I make sure there is no problem in HWIC or router iself becuase it happen When I use two port simultaneously from same HWIC-2FE.

If I used any one of the port while other port idle it worked fine without any intruption.

Also, mentioned issued doesn't happen immediately, it may work hours/day without any problem then one of the port stop functioning.

Aftewards, it required referesh- clear the IP and reconfigure it again.

I would like to ask your suggestion about a new router, which model might be suitable for Head office.

Our requirements:-

2Gigaethernet+6Fastethernet, please suggest suitable model.

Once again thanks for your co-operation.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card