Views
Helpful
Replies

Swithc oonfig

idesofmarch
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a 3750 switch and going through a Sidewinder G2 firewall. The

firewall only has its startup config on it with and Internal IP address (.1)which will be the internal gateway. My switch has VLAN2 config of .2. I can ping from my switch to the servers and the .1 gateway, but from my servers I cannot ping the gateway of .1. Is this a

switch config problem?

3 Replies 3

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Can you check,

1) Server has TWO LAN cards ... If yes.can you check out default route and static route entry.

Static route you can check out on windows machine by

netstat -rn

In linux there is also netstat -n command (Not sure for linux or ss ).

Once flush the route entry... Be careful before you are flushing... Take screenshot of all routes. If available.

2) In Switch which default-gateway address??

3) Put into server, static arp entry, in windows

arp -s {IP of internal gateway} {Mac id of Internal gateway}

Check out...

Revert with above tests.

Additional you can checkout,

1) Do you have VTP Domain into switch

2) Which version of VTP client and server?

3) On server which is native VLAN and on client switch which is native VLAN?

please revert.

regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

arp -s {157.55.85.212} {00-aa-00-62-c6-09}

mathan11495
Level 1
Level 1

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot:

1. **Check Server Configuration**: Make sure the servers have the correct IP configuration, including the gateway address (.1). Also, ensure that there are no firewall rules on the servers blocking traffic to the gateway.

2. **Check VLAN Configuration**: Verify that VLAN2 is configured correctly on the switch and that the switch ports connected to the servers are assigned to VLAN2.

3. **Check Trunk Configuration**: If the connection between the switch and the firewall is a trunk link carrying VLAN2 traffic, ensure that it's properly configured on both ends.

4. **Check Firewall Configuration**: Double-check the firewall configuration to ensure that it allows traffic from the servers to the gateway (.1) and that there are no rules blocking this traffic.

5. **Check Cable and Physical Connections**: Ensure that the cables connecting the servers to the switch are in good condition and properly seated. Also, verify that the switch port LEDs indicate a connection and proper activity.

6. **Check ARP Tables**: Check the ARP tables on both the servers and the switch to see if they have the correct MAC address associated with the gateway IP address (.1). If not, there might be an issue with ARP resolution.

Hello,

post the running configuration (sh run) of your 3750 switch...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card