cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130AG with 2100 LAN Controller

1855thlamp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a Cisco 2100 LAN Controller - it is configured, and plugged into my LAN

I have 4 Cisco 1131AG Wireless Access Points which need to be configured to the 2100 LAN Controller

I have no idea where to start other than I have configured the 1131AG with its IP

I plugged it into the 2100 POE port, and its not finding the 1131

I have looked through the startup guides but I can't seem to make any headway

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hoooooooooooooooooooo boy!  This is going to be a long topic.

Firstly, you need to run the correct IOS version.  What is the output of the "sh version"?

Next, what firmware version of the controller are you running?

The link below will give you the specific "how-to's" regarding configuring the WLC 2100.  All you need is to determine the version of the firmware you are running and match the version of the Configuration Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7206/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

The link below gives you the Release Notes.  It's a summary at what the specific version of firmware you are running with a list of new features added, bugs, gotchas, and more.  Have a look see.

Let us know if you run into more troubles.

By the way, Cisco is recommending everyone to stay away from 5.X and 6.X firmwares.  Either stay with the 4.X or upgrade to the 7.X if possible.

Hope this helps.  Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card