cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1142 AP Does not have Heatmaps

nprdomingo
Level 1
Level 1

I encountered problems on 1142 AP heatmaps using WCS 4.2. I then discovered that WCS 4.2 Doesn't support the 1142 AP antenna that is why it is shown as "other". I then upgraded the WCS to 5.2.148 but still having the same problem wherein the antenna is "other". Then I decided to upgrade it to the latest version which is WCS 6.0.170 but still the problem exist and the antenna is still "other". I says when clicking the RF prediction that the other antenna is not supported for heatmaps, wether it is 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g. Need your help guys. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code are you running on the controllers with the WCS at 6.0.170.0?  I assume you have entered AP placement and chosen the correct antenna or does it only offer "other"?

Hi,

The WLC version is 5.2.

Yes I have done the AP placement but the antenna available on the 1142 is only "other".

What is the full version of 5.2 WCS you are running?  What is the full version of controller code that is on the controller that has this 1142 AP?

Hi,

I already have solved the problem. It seems that the problem was the Database. It may have retained the DB of WCS 4.2 when I upgrade to 6.0 that is why it still shows the AP antenna "other". I resolved it by configuring from scratch without restoring the 4.2 DB. Thanks for all your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card