cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1200 Series Access Points and current support for inline power

ED CARMODY
Level 4
Level 4

Are there any EXISTING Cisco switches that provide enough inline power to support the simultaneous operation of two radio modules in the AIR-AP1200?

5 Replies 5

kkulp
Level 1
Level 1

No switches in Cisco's current product line provide enough power to support both radio modules in the 1200 series. The (now optional) power injector for the 1200 will provide enough inline power for both radios, if that is an acceptible option.

Cisco has plans for several switches that will be able to provide inline power to both radios, but I am not aware of ETA's on these.

The power injector for the 1200 AP provides the same power as using an existing inline power-capable switch.

To power the 5GHz module, you need to use the included external (plug pack) power.

Cisco's claims are to the contrary. The power injector for the 1200 is supposed to support both modules. It will be interesting to see which ends up being the case.

Yes, the power injector is supposed to work, since it was tailor-made for the AP. I've already gotten confirmation that there are NO switches that will support two radios at the same time.

thanks

Also, I'm told you CANNOT use both power supply options at the same time.

RTFM. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: