Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1310 AP Deployment Questions

Hi,

We have a 4402 Controller which has 50 1310 LAPs.

Our New deployment will be a mesh mode. Since 1310 AP don't support mesh mode they will be in autonomous mode.

I will deploy 5 Etsi config 1310. 2 will be 10 dbi Yagi anten and they will act as root AP. 3 of 1310s will be Repeater or Non-Root mode and will have 2506 5.2 omni anten. The repetaer aps are mobile.

Qestions:

1. I have tried to config the 1310 aps as WDS for Roaming but 1310 seems don't support wds configuration. I don't see wds commands on cli neither on gui.I have upgraded them to latest ios and read the versions configuration user guide and see that that version support wds. But I still cannot run commands What can I do for roaming? There will be no radius server and the authentication will be psk.

2. On repater mode there will be no need to worry for roaming??? but on non-root mode the roaming will be problem.

3. If I use 3 aps as repeater mode can I carry the wireless signal faraway as on root - non-root mode. The location will be 800 meters and 2 root aps will be on edges. Repeater aps are between them

4. The repater or non-root aps will be mobile. There is a great command for that "mobile station" but I can not run this on 1310. I tried several versions of ios but same problem. So when a ap moves to close to other root ap it must be associate with it because it's signal rate will be higher. Is there a solution for it on 1310 aps?

Here is the version info:

ROM: Bootstrap program is C1310 boot loader
BOOTLDR: C1310 Boot Loader (C1310-BOOT-M) Version 12.3(2)JA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ap uptime is 33 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:/c1310-k9w7-mx.124-21a.JA1/c1310-k9w7-mx.124-21a.JA1"

Views
Helpful
Replies