cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1310 AP in Bridge mode.

Stewart Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1300 AP that is in Bridge mode. I can always ping the access point, no network connectivity issue to AP. The issue that I'm having is the Printer connected to the AP. When I ping the printer from my laptop it will time out. If I log into the AP send a ping to the printer it will work. Once the ping sent  from the AP it will start pinging from laptop as well. I have tried another printer it does the same thing. I have also manualy set the duplex to full. That did not help either. So basically I can't ping the printer unitl I start up a ping from the AP that it is connected to first. Just wondering if anyone else has ever ran into this.

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might be loosing the arp entry... the printer might not be responding back so the arp will timeout.  You can try to create a static arp entry on your layer 3.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Added the static arp. We will see what happens.

Did you see the arp timeout by chance?  Keep us posted also.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

No dice still same issue.

Don't know what else you can do. 

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

10/4

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card