cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2700 Location Appliance Problems with location accuracy

glenn.newman
Level 1
Level 1

We are finding that clients are showing up on the map far away from where we know they are. The maps and AP placement were double-checked. Is there anything we can tweak for this?

4 Replies 4

Toivo
Level 1
Level 1

Our experience was that the AP density has to be very high for the location ability to work accurately. You can try to calibrate the model and use the map editor to draw in the various types of walls and obstacles as well, although that only seemed to make a relatively minor difference to the accuracy / inaccuracy.

Thanks. We have fairly high density, about every 50 feet apart. We are using mostly 1130 omni antennas. I heard that it helps to use patch antennas to box in the area.

Expect location improvements in the next release

mking
Level 1
Level 1

When you laid out your maps, when you were done, did you create a new RF model for it?

Essentially, I've been told you need to create a new RF model for every single map that you create. It's the "Cailibration" that you were looking for.

Goto Maps.

In the dropdown, locate RF Calibration-Models

Create a new RF Model.

Report Back, as I haven't had a chance to do this yet. :-) (i'm still cranking out the maps as fast as I can)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card