cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3355 initial configuration question

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

When I am setting up the 3355 MSE I have a question about the second ethernet interface.  I am not using HA.  Can I assign the same IP address to the second port as I do to the first port or does it have to have a seperate address?  I noticed in the Prime that when you add the MSE it only asks for one IP address.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, you cannot assign same IP address for the 2nd interface & connect to your network.

Use a single port configured in your case.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

No, you cannot assign same IP address for the 2nd interface & connect to your network.

Use a single port configured in your case.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thank you for the answer.  What would I use the second port for if it is not used for HA?

Seth

2nd interface config is optional, you do not want to configure it in normal scenario. Refer below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/3355/user/guide/mse3355_qsg/mse_qsgmain.html

HTH

Rasika

So I have a question regarding the port configurtion.

In the autoconfiguration script there is an e0 and e1.   However, on the back of the physical box there is a IMM, e1 & e2.    I have configured e0 only via the script.    But when I ping the default gateway it is reaching out with 1.1.1.10.    Even though I have configured it with the correct IP.

I tried to move the cable to the IMM port with no success.    I tried E2 with same results.

The startup config is minimal in terms of explaining what each does.

Any idea what physical port e1/2 maps to e0/e1 in the startup configuration and what should be configured and where the cable should be plugged in?  No HA setup here.   Just a straight IP connection into our network for communication with NCS Prime..

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card