cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

350 Bridges with LEAP stop passing traffic

jbrennan
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 sites that use point-to-point 350 bridges. I have the non-root bridge setup to use leap, MIC and TKIP. The bridges work fine most of the time. but periodically they stop passing traffic and I cannot ping or web to the non-root bridge. When I go to the Root bridge I see that the non-root bridge is EAP associated. I can run a link test and the link test always works. After a while traffic is passed and it works fine. This continues to occur. Anyone have an idea what is causing the problem. It seems like a timer related thing.

Thanks

Jim Brennan

CA Dept of Parks and Rec

2 Replies 2

jholsteyns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jim

Whe are having similar problems. First we tought software version bugs (there are a lot of bugs in 12.03T) were the cause, but even with 12.04 we have these problems. Try the link with leap disabled. If it works fine you can pin point the problem to leap not working. We have done the same on our bridge link. With Leap disabled it is working fine. I know this is not a preferable solution,....

Yes the link works without LEAP enabled. I believe that I have gotten the bridges configured and I have eliminated the problem. Change the encapsulation type from RFC1042 to 802.1H. Also I changed the Broadcast WEP Key rotation interval to 0. This turns broadcast WEP Key rotation off. According the Cisco documentation when you are doing LEAP with key rotation this is unnecessary. Since all of the traffic between the bridges is unicast and not broadcast. Making these changes the link is much more stable.

I hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card