cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3500 AP for site survey?

guy.hill
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone tried using a 3500 CleanAir AP as a site survey tool? Could you set it up in multiple locations temporarily and gather interference data and analize through WCS? This would use the 3500 AP like you would the Spectrum Expert product.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think others ahve used the 3500 as a site surevey AP using the 1252 IOS code.  But to gather RF data while doing a ste surevey, you might as well just use AirMagnet or any other toold like that.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I agree with scott.

You should deploy these as sensor and not as survey aps.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

AirMagnet = $3000

3500 AP = $850

Thats the cost of doing Wifi im afraid. I always tell people. If you open up an auto repair shop and all you have is 1 screw driver and a wrench you will have lots of pain to do the job right.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Well, I work for a nonprofit so we have to think outside the box.

i get it .. you will have your handsfull. You can get in exensive WiSpys .. I use these, they are good too.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can connect a 3500 and do SA mode or local mode. If you have a MSE you can record 1 year worth of data. See attached of an example ..

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card