Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3500 AP for site survey?

Has anyone tried using a 3500 CleanAir AP as a site survey tool? Could you set it up in multiple locations temporarily and gather interference data and analize through WCS? This would use the 3500 AP like you would the Spectrum Expert product.

• Security and Network Management
7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

3500 AP for site survey?

I think others ahve used the 3500 as a site surevey AP using the 1252 IOS code.  But to gather RF data while doing a ste surevey, you might as well just use AirMagnet or any other toold like that.

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

3500 AP for site survey?

I agree with scott.

You should deploy these as sensor and not as survey aps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

3500 AP for site survey?

AirMagnet = $3000

3500 AP = $850

3500 AP for site survey?

Thats the cost of doing Wifi im afraid. I always tell people. If you open up an auto repair shop and all you have is 1 screw driver and a wrench you will have lots of pain to do the job right.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

3500 AP for site survey?

Well, I work for a nonprofit so we have to think outside the box.

3500 AP for site survey?

i get it .. you will have your handsfull. You can get in exensive WiSpys .. I use these, they are good too.

3500 AP for site survey?

Yes, you can connect a 3500 and do SA mode or local mode. If you have a MSE you can record 1 year worth of data. See attached of an example ..

Views
Helpful
Replies