cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 - Multicast Error Messages - Receive Multicast Queue is full on Controller

rhornberger
Level 1
Level 1

I'm starting to see an error creep up that I havn't seen since 2003/2004 on my brand new 5508 controllers.  I'm recieving the following from my WCS:

Receive Multicast Queue is full on Controller and then on the controller itself RX Multicast Queue Full.  I understand this used to be due to a large influx of ARP requests or CDP packets on older controllers but, this was supposed to be fixed in an update many years ago. 

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this on their 5508's.  These were advertised as having the horsepower to handle our user loads which arn't really that high at 300 users at any given time max.  Has anyone seen this?

2 Replies 2

tmeade5622
Level 1
Level 1

I see this occasionally on our 5508s as well. It seems in our environmentto be a cosmetic alert at this point as no users are reporting any issues.

Traditionally, this was a cosmetic error, a the WLC uses the same queue for Multicast, Unicast and Broadcast traffic.

One thing to check is that you aren't trunking all of your VLAN to the WLC, just the ones that support wireless clients.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card