Whatta mess I got myself into! Im trying to implement a couple of security features (at the same time) due to higher corporate directives. I am trying to implement Radius, 802.1x port authentication on a Cat 3550 switch, and mac address athuentication for wireless clients. The idea was:
1. The 3550 has port based authentication on it and should authenticate access points as well as any workstations that will/may connect to it.
2. The wireless clients will be MAC authenticated via the access point passing requests to the radius server.
But I do have a few further questions if you are willing:
1. Getting the AP to use 802.1x and talk with the radius server seems to be the big problem. I have not been able to find clear enough instructions on how to set the AP to do 802.1x through the switch. I do realize the LEAP is just cisco's implementation of 802.1x but we are trying to use non-proprietary protocols.
2. We already have the clients MAC addresses in the AP's but want to get away from this (network mgt issues) by using the ACS server.
I guess what makes this confusing for me is the chain of events and if they are possible to do. Here are the steps as I see them, please advise if this is not possible to do.
1. Access point is plugged into 3550 and uses 802.1x authentication with radius through the switch. Once the switchport is authorized, then the wireless clients can try to associate with AP. To do this the MAC address of the client , is sent to ACS for authorization and when authorized allowed to communicate. Then the wireless client retrieves an IP address through DHCP.
Transferring Crash file from standby: Login to the Active WLC in HA.
From CLI: (Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload filename (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload mode tftp (Cisco Controller) >transfer
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark
and OmniPeek. The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More
filters will be added as time allows. It is a living doc, so check back
for changes every so often Please feel f...
I have created a Powershell script to automatically add a Wireless Guest
User on Cisco WLCs. (tested on 2500 Series) The script should be
completely self explanatory. Prerequisites: Powershell SNMP Module
(Install-Module -Name SNMP) SNMP Write Access to y...