cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

851W - clients repeatedly disassociate/re-associate

johnblackmon
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an 851W configured with WPA-PSK and TKIP. I am getting an awful lot of messages in the log stating that a client has disassociated because it was leaving the BSSID, then the client immediately reconnects. I have duplicated this behavior with two different 851W routers and four different client adapters (Intel 2200BG, Intel 2915ABG, Cisco AIR-CB21AG, and Linksys WPC54GS). It occurs with optional WPA key management as well as mandatory, and cipher suite TKIP+WEP and TKIP alone. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

2 Replies 2

k.poplitz
Level 3
Level 3

What is happening in your case is that, the client is getting disassociated and then again tries to reconnect. This can happen if there is a authentication failure. Check if the authentication parameters are configured correctly on the client and AP. Check if the WPA encryption keys match on the AP and the client.

I have verified that the WPA keys match. I have not been seeing any authentication failures in the log, however today I see an authentication failure from one of my laptops at a time when the machine was 15 miles away, and didn't have the wireless card in... Weird, really.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card