Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

851W - clients repeatedly disassociate/re-associate

I am using an 851W configured with WPA-PSK and TKIP. I am getting an awful lot of messages in the log stating that a client has disassociated because it was leaving the BSSID, then the client immediately reconnects. I have duplicated this behavior with two different 851W routers and four different client adapters (Intel 2200BG, Intel 2915ABG, Cisco AIR-CB21AG, and Linksys WPC54GS). It occurs with optional WPA key management as well as mandatory, and cipher suite TKIP+WEP and TKIP alone. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

2 REPLIES

Re: 851W - clients repeatedly disassociate/re-associate

What is happening in your case is that, the client is getting disassociated and then again tries to reconnect. This can happen if there is a authentication failure. Check if the authentication parameters are configured correctly on the client and AP. Check if the WPA encryption keys match on the AP and the client.

Re: 851W - clients repeatedly disassociate/re-associate

I have verified that the WPA keys match. I have not been seeing any authentication failures in the log, however today I see an authentication failure from one of my laptops at a time when the machine was 15 miles away, and didn't have the wireless card in... Weird, really.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content