cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA authentication failure on WISM

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

HI ALL, I have 2 WiSM with some SSIDs. Till date everything was working fine..but suddenly today one of the SSID users complaining that they can not authenticate to SSID..on this SSID we have configured PEAP authentication where ACS is the external AAA server..when I saw logs on controller it was saying that authentication fail for users..this is for all users throught the building & when I looked at ACS logs where I was not seeing any request coming from controllers..but suddenly all controllers giving this problem...I removed the AAA server from WLAN list & put it back & then it started working..we are running 4.2.62 version on all controllers...anyone has faced the same problem ever ? or its a bug..please help

NK

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

When the authentication was failing for the clients, where you able to ping the AAA server? I suspect that the connectivity between the AAA server and the controller might have been lost. Thats the reason the clients were not able to authenticate successfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card