Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding another floor WCS & 4404 WLAN Controller

Dear Support,

Just after some advise or direction as preparing to add another floor to our hq directly above or existing floor.

We already have a WLAN (100 AP) and WCS running, with 15 APs on the current floor. Due to expansion we have now taken rent out on the floor above from the owners.

As I never set up the existing WCS and WLAN controller, I just after some advice or configuring it for another 15 APs for the new floor. These are all 1000 LWAPPs units.

Questions I need to answer is how difficult to add another floor map to WCS and if we need the APs in the same vlan to deal with the seapage / radiation between the floors.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Adrian.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Adding another floor WCS & 4404 WLAN Controller

Hi Adrian,

Here is a doc for adding maps to the WCS;

Adding Floor Plans to a Standalone Building

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6305/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008059ca3f.html#wp1049897

Hope this helps answer part of your question!

Rob

Re: Adding another floor WCS & 4404 WLAN Controller

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the link, this is exactly what I'm after for the floor plans.

Just now need to find out if I should have both floors on the same wireless VLAN or to utilise another port on the 4404 ... think it is only using one of the 4 at the moment.

I know their is a mention somewhere in the documentation that if you go above 25 aps (and we'll have 30 once upgrade is complete) that you need to use more than 1 port on the WLAN controller.

Thanks again, regards, Adrian.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content