Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding one IP address to Wireless Access Point

Here is my situation....

We have a guest wireless internet at my hospital. This wireless vlan is only allowed to access the internet and nothing else (nothing on our internal network, basically a courtesy wireless network). I would like to have the guest able to print to a particular printer on our network. Can this be done?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can, but you have to poke a hole through your firewall or allow the traffic to that particular printer. Why not add a network printer that guest can use.... this way you are not compromising your network.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can, but you have to poke a hole through your firewall or allow the traffic to that particular printer. Why not add a network printer that guest can use.... this way you are not compromising your network.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

how would i do that? i mean how would i add a printer to the guest network?

Sorry, I'm an idiot. ha ha. yeah i added the printer to the guest network and it worked. Thank you!

Since it was a private VLAN, i had to hook up a computer on the wireless and get its ip address and subnet. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card