Cisco Support Community
Community Member

admin authentication with ACS radius

I have got ap1131ag and ACS3.3 server.

I like to log in to Access Point with administrator authentication by radius server account.

Is there any material or guide for admin authentication? I can log in AP with level 1 but cannot go exec mode.

Re: admin authentication with ACS radius

On Cisco Secure ACS, you must configure a user with the same username as the CiscoWorks server System Identity Setup user. For Service Monitor, that user must have Network Administrator privileges on Cisco Secure ACS.

In ACS mode, fallback is provided for authentication only. (Fallback options allow you to access CiscoWorks if the login module fails, or you accidentally lock yourself or others out.) If authentication with ACS fails, CiscoWorks does the following:

Tries authentication using non-ACS mode (CiscoWorks local mode).

If non-ACS authentication is successful, presents you with a dialog box with instructions to change the login mode to CiscoWorks local. (You can do so only if you have permission to perform that operation in non-ACS mode.)

Community Member

Re: admin authentication with ACS radius

You probably want to try and use TACACS instead of Radius. Under TACACS settings per user you can specify priviledge levels and even which commands a user may utilize.

CreatePlease to create content