Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 12.3(2)JA issue?

All,

Good morning, afternoon or evening to you. My problem is that I have 2 - CISCO aironet WAPS's and I have followed the instructions in the online manual for the correct IOS to go thru and create a MAC filtering list with all MAC's entered in to always forward and every other MAC to be blocked. The problem is that the manual states that you then have to go into Security - Advanced Secuirty - Association Access List. From here you can choose the list that you had created and apply it.

The problem here is that it is not working for some odd reason and no matter what I checked it would allow non defined MAC's to access the WAP. I can setup the filter on the per-packet basis filtering and that works but it creates to much processor overhead and the manual states that is not needed in order to apply the MAC filter. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the current IOS because I have followed the instructions to the "T".

This exact issue is happening on the other WAP as well.

Thank you for any help or information that you can provide me.

Sincerely,

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Aironet 12.3(2)JA issue?

Hi James,

There is a Bug that is an error in the documentation that applies to 12.3(2)JA. Have a look to see if perhaps this is tripping you up.

CSCeb62044 Bug Details

Headline ** Applying MAC address with filter is incorrect

Release Notes

nk in the documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1100/accsspts/i12211ja/i12211sc/s11filt.htm#11556

The mask of using 'F' should be corrected to be '0' instead.

Here is the section of the doc;

Configuring and Enabling MAC Address Filters

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1100/accsspts/i12211ja/i12211sc/s11filt.htm#91655

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.......

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content