cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 client limits

s.ratliff
Level 1
Level 1

Can you limit the number of clients that your AP will accept without using any type of authentication server or device. Somewhere in the setup of the AP is there a way to tell it only allow "this many(#)" client connections?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

YES..in image 12.0T and above you can configure that with Qos as well.

Click on "Advanced Primary SSID setup" link on "AP radio Advanced page" to configure "Max number of associations".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No..no way to configure # of clients in AP. Let us know the reason behind you want to have that configurable in AP.

dave.reid
Level 1
Level 1

There is a "Maximum number of Associations" field on the AP Radio / Advanced page. I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not you use an authentication server.

YES..in image 12.0T and above you can configure that with Qos as well.

Click on "Advanced Primary SSID setup" link on "AP radio Advanced page" to configure "Max number of associations".

I have tested this with APs config'd with Network-EAP and Open-Require EAP. In this scenario Max Assoc does not prevent attempted associations by non-LEAP-enabled clients, which are locally authenticated (associated but unauthenticated) and claim one of the allocated associations. This can effectively block legitimate client associations/authentications. I think that local MAC filtering is the only override, and/or disabling Open authentication (forcing LEAP). Using the ACS, you can create or map External DB Users to ACS Groups and limit their access to certain NAS (AP) entries.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card