cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 PCI use with LinkSys Router BEFSR81v3

jciresmis
Level 1
Level 1

I have internet wireless piped in from a dish on my roof. The wire from the dish plugs into the 350 PCI card using a RP-TNC connector. I need the computers on my home network to be able to access the internet, but so far I have no had much luck. I have a LinkSys router that wants an internet connection plugged into the internet port, but I am not sure how to do it using the RP-TNC connector. I also have the PCI card that the RP-TNC plugs into, and from what I have found, there is not such thing as RP-TNC to RJ45 adapter. So my question is, how can I get each computer on my home network to access the internet using the Aironet 350 and LinkSys router. I am not an expert in this field, so I do not always understand the lingo. Thanks in advance for any assistance provided. - Eric

BTW - My main computer that uses the PCI Aironet card runs XP SP2. Two other computers also run XP. I have an old relic 95 machine that runs my printer. I keep it for old times sake. It was my first.

1 Reply 1

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

If you have an internet connection that you want to use it for your mobile clients which use the 350 series client cards, you have to terminate the internet connection from the service provider on to the Wireless router and configure the clients to associate with the linksys router wirelessly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card