Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 3500 series range

markyochoa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've been trying forever to find the coverage range of the acceess points of the Aironet 3500 series. Would anyone happen to know?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I've been trying forever to find the coverage range of the acceess points of the Aironet 3500 series.

Depends.  If you were on the moon and there's nothing around you then you'll get a distance of about 40 metres.

Could you describe the physical location where the WAP will be installed?

Think of a high school wing.. Or a hospital wing.

Marky,

Like Leo mentioned, if it's an open area you know the approximate coverage. When you ask it's like a hospital wing or school wing, you can really determine that unless you actually place an ap in Like the corner room and see how far the signal covers. Also when you ask for a range, you need to determine what's your outer cell coverage going to be. For example, you might want coverage with a minimum of -75dBM and an SNR of -20dBm or it might be -65dBm and an SNR or -25dBm. All these requirements and the building construction determines how far an AP can cover. Building construction from new to old to very old buildings makes as big difference too. Your best way to determine that is to get an 3500i and put the 1260 IOS image an test for yourself. You might have to test various areas that differ to actually determine the coverage of an ap in an area.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Think of a high school wing.. Or a hospital wing.

Geez.  This is NOT helpful!

Describe the walls.  Describe the materials INSIDE the building?   Concrete blocks?  Bricks?  Wood?  How think are these walls?  Metal ?

The best way to determine?  Get a wireless site survey done. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card