Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet / WDS Packet of Disconnect (RFC3576) broken?

We have two access points. One is the WDS master. Authentication goes through it fine and RADIUS happily does it's AAA.

We rely on Packet of Disconnect (PoD) to do VLAN changes. We disconnect the user, it reconnects and AAA is performed again and a new set of VLAN attributes is returned. But the problem is that if we send to the WDS a PoD packet, the client gets disconnected but there is no new AAA Access-Request sent from the WDS. It feels like there's a cache in the AP where the client is connecting to that isn't properly invalidated when a PoD is received.

Sending the PoD directly to the AP works fine but we don't have that information in the RADIUS database.

Candidate but rejected work-arounds:

• an SNMP deauth technique that works (I couldn't find any)
  • a way to find the AP IP a client is connected to from SNMP on the WDS (I couldn't find any)

Work-around to be implemented:

• a way to find the AP IP of where a client is connected to from SSH (found with show wlccp wds mn detail mac-address)

I hate using SSH (slow, hard to do error handling) so I would have preferred the thing to work at first or any of the two above work-arounds.

Am I doing something wrong?

AP 12.31 / IOS 12.3.8JEC3

Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content