cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anchor user to controller

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to anchor a particular user to a particular controller?

We have multiple controllers in a mobility group and I would like to anchor a particular user or set of users to have them use a particular controller.  I need to make sure they have the same IP all the time and some of my controllers are located outside of their particular network.

Can I statically map their MAC addresses or user id's to a particular controller?

JC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello John,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by Stephen is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

JC,

At this time, the only thing that can be anchored is an entire WLAN.  You would be able to get away with anchoring the WLAN to accomplish this, but then all the traffic will go out that one controller.

Cheers,
Steve

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello John,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by Stephen is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card