Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Any way to syslog 802.1x client data?

We stuck with dealing with RIAA complaints; and we need a better way of correlating MAC address to Client ID.

We are using 802.1x, and we can  (and have) run the client association report  on the WCS, but that is very time consuming.

I was hoping to be able to syslog this data so that we could automate the process, but I can find no way to do this.

Anybody have a better way to correlate MAC address to client name?

thanks,

Lynne

3 REPLIES

Re: Any way to syslog 802.1x client data?

Hi,

the only other option I Can think of is to build a small script that will connect to the WLC, run "Show client summary" and "show client detail" for all the clients to get their details.

What are you exactly looking for ? having the output in an automated way ?

Nicolas

Yes, we would like to automate this.

Currently we get 20-30 RIAA complaints a week, and it is a 3 step process to determine the ID of the responsible person.

Two of the steps can be automated as the data is in a syslog; this last step is the only one that isn't.

By next year we expect to have wireless in all the residence halls, so the number of wireless RIAA complaints are bound to increase greatly, and we really need to automate this whole process.

Lynne

I personally don't see any other way than building a script that will extract only the needed output from the available commands.

Nicolas.

Views
Helpful
Replies