Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AnyConnect 3.0 with profile editor

hi guys,

I am running some tests with Cisco Anyconnect 3.0 and trying to configure profiles with profile editor. my understanding is that when we configure a profile under the AnyConnect profile editor, it will be used automatically when client connects to the SSID.

I have downloaded both the profile editor and AnyConnect secure mobility client, when i create a new profile and save it under "Network Access Manager \ newConfigFiles" folder, it seems the profile does not take any effect when i try to connect to the SSID, I am still propmted for user credentials when I try to connect to the SSID. I read from somewhere that a profile should be created using profile editor when using EAP-FAST, otherwise connection would fail, I did find failures when using EAP-FAST however this does not happen if I use local auth (on wlc or AP).

so the question is how do I suppose to configure profile editor to work properly with AnyConnect? if I have multiple profiles configured under profile editor, then how does AnyConnect know which profile config file to take when i switch between SSIDs?

any comment would be appreciated.

thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: AnyConnect 3.0 with profile editor

Hi,

I had the the same problem during a lab test - the profile that I've add wasn't visible in my anyconnect.

To solve it I've renamed the new profile to configuration.xml and copied directly in the directory...

All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Network Access Manager\system\

I've found the following information in the user guide...

Note When using the Standalone Profile Editor to create a Network Access Manager profile, you are

required to use configuration.xml as the entry in the Profile Name field. The profile editor

copies this file to the newConfigFiles directory. To initiate the process, the user must repair the

Network Access Manager. When the Network Access Manager restarts, it will validate the new

configuration file and move it to the Network Access Manager/system directory.

Kind regards,

Ron

Re: AnyConnect 3.0 with profile editor

hi Ron,

thanks for  your rpely, I have tested this with profile name as "configuration.xml", this seems to be working and the SSID is added into the anyconnect secure mobility client straight away once i changed the file name.

many thanks for your help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content