Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone using CkIP with Leap

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I am using Leap and want to use CKIP as my intel based cards give me the option, what do i need to change in my access point settings to make it happen, I am wep manadatory right now.

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

To enable CKIP on the Access Point use the command from the CLI on the Access Point.

encryption [vlan vlan-id] mode ciphers {[aes-ccm | ckip | cmic | ckip-cmic | tkip]} {[wep128 | wep40]}

from the radio interface configuration mode. For more information on how to use this command read the document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804e7d50.html#wp1043787

dcavanaugh
Level 1
Level 1

I would lean more towards utilizing tkip(standards) and forget about ckip(Cisco). When you use ckip your clients have to be CCX compatible which many are but.... you limit the type of clients or devices that can associate and authenticate to your infrastructure. This may be desired as it is a form of security. I started with CKIP-CMIC at the beggining and that translated into, Cisco clients only. That was four years ago.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card