Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 1000 Inventory details

Any body knows How to collect S/N of AP 1000 Series (Not Physicaly)...

Is there any way to collect from Controller.?

Any Posibility to to configure SNMP community in APs. Then i can use CNAC Tool to collect S/N.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: AP 1000 Inventory details

I dont have my WCS up, but i am pretty certain you can run a inventory report with S/N etc. If you dont have WCS you can go into the CLI and run the following:

show ap summary will show you your aps. Then run show ap inventory.

(Cisco Controller) >show ap summary

Number of APs.................................... 1

AP Name             Slots  AP Model             Ethernet MAC       Location

Port  Country

------------------  -----  -------------------  -----------------  -------------

---  ----  -------

LAB1131              2     AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  default locat

ion  1     US

(Cisco Controller) >show ap inventory LAB1131

NAME: "Cisco AP"    , DESCR: "Cisco Wireless Access Point"

PID: AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9  ,  VID: V01,  SN: xxxxxxxxxxxx

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
2 REPLIES

I dont have my WCS up, but i am pretty certain you can run a inventory report with S/N etc. If you dont have WCS you can go into the CLI and run the following:

show ap summary will show you your aps. Then run show ap inventory.

(Cisco Controller) >show ap summary

Number of APs.................................... 1

AP Name             Slots  AP Model             Ethernet MAC       Location

Port  Country

------------------  -----  -------------------  -----------------  -------------

---  ----  -------

LAB1131              2     AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  default locat

ion  1     US

(Cisco Controller) >show ap inventory LAB1131

NAME: "Cisco AP"    , DESCR: "Cisco Wireless Access Point"

PID: AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9  ,  VID: V01,  SN: xxxxxxxxxxxx

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Thanks for the rating ... Glad i could help

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content