cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1200 CLI mac filtering command not working for new Mac Address

meiyenlee
Level 1
Level 1

I followed instruction on http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058ed26.shtml#macbasedacls

to add a new mac address on Aironet ap1200.  Unfortunately, it failed. Initially we add Mac address thru web interface, but because it could only allow 43 entries, we decided to use CLI to add new Mac address to access-list 701 instead. Your advise would be truely appreciated. -thx mei

19 Replies 19

Thank u

It is my pleasure asisating you!!

Let me know how this works out for you..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

new list works great. thx so much for your help.

Please let me know when the new release is available. It's kinda troublesome having to recreate a whole new list in order to add/delete a mac address.

Thanks for the response!! its nice to hear that the issue is resolved ans the transition was smooth..

I have a thought.. by default there will be a implicit deny.. so dont configure the command "access-list 700 deny/ permit 0000.0000.0000 ffff.ffff.ffff" and try connecting a client which doesnt have the MAC address in the MAC table.. i think the client will not connect. so no need to configure the statement "access-list 700 deny/ permit 0000.0000.0000 ffff.ffff.ffff". could you please try once?? i tried it out in my LAB and it worked!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra,

I took out the very last deny all entry and it worked. Thank you so much. Now i can modify Mac address changes without recreating a new whole list.

Mei

Thank you for trying it out!! have a grea tday!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card