cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP and ACS Authentication

japox
Level 1
Level 1

I’m trying to configure a Cisco AP340 ver.11.07 authenticating users using EAP protocol onto our ACS ver 3.0 to a W2K domain external database. I had checked all the points mention in the documentation that can be applied to my case.

I can ping the AP from the ACS, the shared secret is the same in both AP and ACS, I'm using the right port: 1645, and I select Radius Type: Ciaco Aironet in the AAA client definition on the ACS, but I still get the same error “Radius Extension DLL rejected”. I can use an account in the Local ACS’s DB or from the domain, the ACS recognises even the group the user is in, but still gives me this error.

From what I had read, the versions of AP and ACS should work. Any ideas or suggestions?

1 Reply 1

cminch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would upgrade the AP340 to a 12.0.3T version and try again. Here is also a link with troubleshooting the with the ACS. I had some similar problems and after update it worked fine.

Regards,

Corey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card