Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Clients Supported

Mohammad Yassin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I can't determine exactly the number of clients supported , so just wanna know what the maximum number of clients supported for the following Cisco  APs:

- 1572 EAC

- 1532i

- 1702i

Thanks alot for the help

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Same as all the Cisco APs:  This will be dependent on the type of traffic being served and the up-link capability.

Let's say that the 1702I is connected to an old 3524XL (10/100BaseTx).  Do you think that a client can enjoy 802.11n speed while watching Youtube video?  

Rule of thumb is:  If the traffic is about surfing the web, checking emails, IM, then a client number of about 35 per AP is tolerable.  

Put in real-time video and the number goes down to about five to eight.  

Thanks Leo 

but i'm talking about 1G link with new 2960x switch. 

and what about 1532 and 1572 ?

Again, what kind of traffic?  

Rule of thumb is:  If the traffic is about surfing the web, checking emails, IM, then a client number of about 35 per AP is tolerable.  

Put in real-time &/or HD video and the number goes down to about five to eight.  

Its a public site, and all is countable, we can have two options with normal usage and heavy usage.

of course its gonna be about traffic but 35 true for 1702 as an indoor but what about the outdoor.

Same answer as before:  What kind of traffic are we talking about here? 

How are the MESH AP connected to the network?  RAP & MAP?  Or are all the MESH APs connected using cable?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card