Replies

AP Fall back issue for WLC

helponline
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have two WLC 4402 with same ios 4.2.99.0

& configured fail over based on below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008064a294.shtml#c5

AP failover occurred but the fall back option like primary WLC comes up it does not register with primary all the ap still in secondary. I enable Fall back option also as per the document.

could you guide me how i can troubleshoot this issue..

Thanks..

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have ap fallback on both wlc? Also verify the mobility group configuration as this will be an issues if not configured right. If you followed the doc step by step, then ap fallback should work. If you shut down the secondary, does the ap's find the primary? Make sure also that the system names are entered correctly in the primary, secondary and tertiary on the ap.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

helponline
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Fall back is working but the secondary is not realsing the DHCP scope for the guest user but with the same version the primary is leased.

is there any bug on this...

Thanks

What do you mean the secondary is not releasing the dhcp scope????? If you create a dhcp scope on the wlc, you must not overlap the dhcp scope.

-Scott

hi,

the meaning is the secondary WLC is not realsing the IP's for client eventhough the SSId match with extract DHCP scope. DHCP scope is not overlap...

Important.

Primary box is new one with 4.2.99 but the old box had 4.1.x b4 the failover the old box was working & released the DHCP scope for the client. Once we upgraded the old box with 4.2.99 (Failover we need to have both the box with same version) even it is not releasing the DHCP scope if i used as standalone device also.

My doubt is

1. New box if i used as a stand alone it is releasing the DHCP scope for the client

2. Both the new & old box has the same configuration

3. If i used old box as a stand alone device why it is not releasing the DHCP scope (with the same IOS & configuration working perfectly on new box)

4. This issue occured after upgrade the IOS on old box.

Can anyone help me out at earliest.

Thanks

Hi,

Any update for my issue.. please help me out...

Thanks in advance..

Can you post your cli for both WLC's in a text file so I can review how you have things setup. Just do a show run-config from the cli. 4.2.130 is a better code, but might not fix your issue. I have Clients on the 4.2.99 with no issues at all. Just post the info and I will be glad to help.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: