Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

AP Groups over multiple locations

Hello everyone,

over 50 different locations across the US.  Current setup has all LWAPs in the default group running the same SSIDs at every location.  I am bringing on a new SSID but want to do it one location at a time as I have to enable local switching.  I am told that in order to do this I need to create an AP group for each location.  No problem.  The question is can I have the same SSIDs spanning all the AP Groups?  My goal is to take the existing SSIDs and make the function in every group so that users who currently connect with no problem while visiting different locations have the same experience once the AP groups are created.

Thanks in advance!  All replies rated.                  

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AP Groups over multiple locations

Yes you can have all SSID's, some and only one SSID if you want.  The purpse of AP groups is to allow you to choose what AP's will have what SSID's. 

Example:

AP Group1

SSID1

SSID2

SSID3

AP Group2

SSID1

SSID2

AP Group3

SSID1

SSID3

SSID4

AP Group4

SSID4

AP Group5

SSID1

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott have you looked at flex ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

What do you mean George? I have deployed many FlexConnect sites if that's what's your asking? Or are you also asking about using FlexConnect Groups?

-Scott

The other Scott. Lol

He said he has remote sites why drive the traffic back

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Haha!!! That's funny? I was like, "why didn't he just email me" haha

-Scott

Please refer the below document , it pertains to your scenario

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/1.1/configuration/guide/hreap.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies