cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP in WCS maps doesn't exist

rvioujr
Level 4
Level 4

I had an access point in WCS that we removed from the network and deleted the AP from WCS. It still exists in WCS under Maps as an AP to add to a map. I am unable to delete this as the AP doesn't exist iunder Access Points in WCS. It wouldn't be a bad thing but WCS keeps reporting it as unassociated from controller. How can I remove the unwanted entry? Thanks

7 Replies 7

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have a backup of the WCS db before you removed the AP?

If not, you may have to uninstall/reinstall WCS and start over

The access point I have put back in operation on the network but it is now being seen as the Radio MAC address and the other entry is still there as imported with the Network MAC.

The access point I have put back in operation on the network but it is now being seen as the Radio MAC address and the other entry is still there as imported with the Network MAC.

skhullar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the WCS version # ?

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this:

Go to Monitor > APs > New search > pulldown Search By and choose All unassociated APs. Make a note of the list and remove all of these. Sync the controllers to WCS with a refresh config with delete and check to see if the correct entry is there now.

Thanks this has removed it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: