Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

AP register over Flexconnect in different AD domain

Hi,

Is it possible to get access points (2602i) to register over Flexconnect when APs are deployed in different AD domain?

As this company (acompany.com) has merged with another company (bcompany.com), I need to deploy access points for people who need to station there for the time being, until we come up with full IT integration. So APs will be used for whoever needs to access to my site.

Since site-to-site VPN is already set up, I'm thinking to put in a A record in DNS in bcompany.com domain with CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER and CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER. And do a Flexconnect local switching for specific VLAN in bcompany. Users are required to authenticate via RADIUS.

Is it simple as putting in a new scope in bcompany.com domain with scope options with DNS Domain name (acompany.com) and DNS Servers in acompany.com?

Can anyone share any experience or ideas on this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES

yes, that should work. So

yes, that should work.

So long as the subnets at "bcompany" can reach the WLC at "acompany" they will registers. For the AAA, portion so long as they have valid credentials in the AAA it should all work like a boss.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Bronze

Yes, it would work.

Yes, it would work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content