Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AP1200 Management from wired side only

I have a number of AP1200's installed which were passing a DHCP allocated address to wireless clients using the Primary SSID (open).

I now want to manage the AP's from the wired-side only. I have set up a trunk on the 3350 switch using VLAN_MAN as the Native vlan and also trunking VLAN_Guest (where dhcp resides). On the AP1200 i have set Vlan_Man as the native vlan ,enabled this, added vlan_Guest and enabled it.8021Q is on and the AP trunking is on "Hybrid". I have mapped the primary SSID to vlan_Guest. I have given the AP (eth0) a static address from the management subnet. But now i cannot get the clients an IP address from the DHCP server?

Can anyone see what i have missed?

thanks

J.

an

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AP1200 Management from wired side only

The following is the administration guide for AP1200 my be this might give you better idea,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1200/accsspts/convtool/index.htm

Re: AP1200 Management from wired side only

If you could post some of your bridging config of the ap vlans someone may be able to see what may be missing. You might want to refer to section 13-9 for some examples of the vlan interfaces in the ap.

bernie

Views
Helpful
Replies