Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP1242 - VLAN

Well basically my situation is as follows: we are using 40 Cisco AIR-AP1242 around 3 building sites for our school ( Ramsey Grammar ) which all are secure WEP and working fine however we would like to have two locations open and Virtual LAN direct to a Proxy ( 10.3.0.2:80 ) for the perpose of 6thForm Students to access the internet ONLY ( not to beable to ping or see any local servers etc ) therefor the Cisco needs to give ip's to the kids laptops with a different mask than the rest of the network ie 192.168.3.* ( 255.255.255.0 ) where as the school network is 10.3.*.* ( 255.255.0.0 ) and the kids don't have to put the proxy setting in there internet explorer... is there a way ( would i require a firmware update for this and where do i get it?)

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES

Re: AP1242 - VLAN

Locations are :

1 x Cisco Air-AP1242 in the 6thForm Lounge & 1 x Cisco Air-ap1242 in the Lecture Theatre

All I require is a VLAN setup to Allow internet access only Direct through Proxy without people able to see or ping etc the normal network servers and pc's

Re: AP1242 - VLAN

You will have to trunk all the ports your APs are connected to and setup separate VLANs on the APs, one for the students and one for the staff.

Example: On the APs you will have to configure 1 SSID for the Staff and 1 SSID for the Students and assign them to different VLANs, bridge group and enable Public Secure Packet Forwarding.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fibm_c/bcfpart1/bcftb.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies