Views
Helpful
Replies

APCisco 1242 LAP in H-REAP mode.

lorenzopaca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I 've two questions for the h-REAP mode on a WLC2100 (7.0.98.0) with 1242 Cisco :

first: what the maximun number of clients can connect on a H-REAP LAP ?

second: I've configured one WLC with 4 LAP Cisco 1242 in H-Reap mode: the power level of 4 LAP are configured in auto global configuration TPC.

But I don't understand why the power level is still on 1 after installing ?

Thank you for your Help.

Regard.

Lorenzo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maximum amount of clients has always been in the past 15-25.  However, it depends on your users.... you can have 3 users that do file transfers and that would be you limit.  SO your max number of client can vary depending on your users bandwidth requirements.

As for h-reap, look at this section:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#t7

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maximum amount of clients has always been in the past 15-25.  However, it depends on your users.... you can have 3 users that do file transfers and that would be you limit.  SO your max number of client can vary depending on your users bandwidth requirements.

As for h-reap, look at this section:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#t7

-Scott

Hi Scott,

thank you for your reply.

I 've tested the good fonctionality with 30 clients on one AP in H-reap mode.I had 2 problems:

the first: default limit client by AP: 12   upgrade to 35.

the second: Load balancing mode enable : windows: 5 upgrade to 20.

bye.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

What do you mean by problems?  Are you talking about the Client threshold for traps set at 12?  What do you mean regarding the load balancing windows 5 upgraded to 20?

-Scott

Yes, increasing these values, I have a best job with clients. 20 at 30 Clients on 2 APs.

Lorenzo

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card