Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Apple TV- WLAN override

Hello,

Have an interesting case here.

My "Corp" SSID is protected by WPA2-Enterprise, AES/TKIP. Authentication is PEAP or EAP-TLS.

My "Guest" SSID just has WPA2 PSK on it.

My RADIUS server is ACS 5.3

Controller is 5508 v:7.2.110.0

It's been requested that we bring in some Apple TV devices to the WLAN. Currently, we have about 4 of them on the "Guest" SSID, this works fine. We'd like to get them on the the "Corp" network. Problem is, the AppleTVs don't support WPA2-Enterprise. Can I, via the controller or some other means, allow them to associate to the "Guest" SSID but somehow do an interface override on the controller to stick them onto the internal VLAN? I know I can do interface override via AAA, but if the authentication request doesn't ever get to the ACS server, it won't be able to override it.

Anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this without actually creating another SSID?

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Apple TV- WLAN override

There is no way you would be able to do that using the Guest ssid. Why not just create a new ssid and vlan and use that just for the Apple TV's. This way you can acl the traffic to meet your security needs.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Apple TV- WLAN override

I agree with Scott.

I am not really aware why doesn't Apple just make those TVS support Enterprise Security! But as it is only working this way you can create a new SSID (hidden maybe) and new interface.

You can also use the new SSID on same interface as the enterprise and make the PSK very long (21+ ASCII characters). But separating the TVs on different VLAN is considered more secure.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Apple TV- WLAN override

I am currently working through setting up the below option. Apple has a configuration utility that allows you to push a wireless profile to an AppleTV that will support WPA2-Enterprise. I have it working with LEAP, but I am having issues with PEAP. I will post again if I get it working. One caveat is that it is a full profile and so by default it will whip all applications off the AppleTV. Might not be an issue if the device is for corporate use. Haven't played with how to get the apps back yet. Still focused on the wireless part.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5438

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content