Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication & association occurs smoothly, but rapidly disconnects

I am trying to implement WPA2 enterprise with AES encryption. I use Aironet 1200 AP's with WPA2 supported IOS (12.3(7)JA2). I have patched my WinXP clients with updates to support WPA2 as well. I am able to successfully connect, and pass traffic for a short period of time, but then the connection fails after about 1 minute of connectivity, and attempts reauthentication. It will successfully reauthenticate, but the fact that it requires it is troublesome. It loops through this process indefinitely.

I do have two VLANs configured on my AP's, one that is secured as defined above, and one that is unsecured - I don't know if that has anything to do with my troubles here. Anyone experienced the same issues? Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Authentication & association occurs smoothly, but rapidly di

Hi Kevin,

i had these problem when using the wireless client card supplicant software and switched between the software and windows configuration.

I deinstalled the supplicant and used only the Windows settings.

What also helped was the other way: Deleted the Windows settings. Deinstalled the supplicant. Installed the supplicant again.

You may have also a look on the following settings: In the SP Webpage check "Security -> Advanced Security -> Timers". Set all settings to disable.

To your Vlan doubts: Do you have a WDS configured? If yes you have to setup groups in the "Wireless Services -> WDS -> Group Settings" page.

But there are som many problems left. it would be helpful to have your config and basic network design here.

Best regards,

Frank

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content