cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication option for Wlan controller

quesne02
Level 1
Level 1

We have wlan 4400 controllers in our lab and would like to configure management authentication through out Tacacs/Acs infrastructure.

Unfortunatly, I only saw options for locally defined users on the controller itself which will surely cause issue with out security group.

I would at least like to know if some options exists for external authentication for the management portion of the controller ?

Thanks in advance

Bruno Quesnel, ing.

bruno.quesnel@cn.ca

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can configure Layer 2 or Layer security on the WLAN controller. Read the following document which has all the information on configuring Security solutions on Wireless LAN controllers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008052d9e9.html#wp1084832

Hi,

Thanks for the link but this is not what I'm looking for. I am looking for documentation, or maybe confirmation that the management portion of the controller is configurable through external authentication.

If I want to manage the controller through ssh/tttps, the authentication seems to only be limited to locally defined users, which is not good for us, management wise.

Again, I am not talking about the wireless side, more on the wired management side of the controller to configure it, I would like to configure external authentication . I have failed to see any pointers that would allow me to do this

Thanks for any help

Hi,

have u done the management authentication through out RADIUS yet?

rupert.wever
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry Bruno, Management RADIUS or TACACS Authentication are not currently supported on the WLAN controller(s). I'd suggest requesting this feature thru your Cisco account team - I am told there are plans for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card