Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Auto login with web auth?

I have a guest WLAN on a mobility anchor that uses web auth for access. There is a small set of local users, but the majority of the auth comes from a Radius server. Question is, can I setup some type of policy that will auto login users based on MAC address so they don't have to web authenticate?

Thanks!

Edit: I have seen where you can enable mac filtering on the WLAN and specify individual mac addresses to permit. This would work, but I still want web auth for the majority of users. Only a few users should be automatically connected. The rest should still authenticate via web auth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Well I have some fantastic news.... and then some horrible news at the same time...

In 7.0.116.0 a new feature was introduced called web auth on mac-filter failure.  Basically it does exactly what I think you are asking. Right?   You mac filter your wlan, and then if anyone fails the mac filter, they can web authenticate. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in an Anchored scenario  as the Mac filter is L2 performed on the Foreign WLC, and the Anchor does L3 with no knowledge the Foreign was good to bypass webauth....   CSCts54424 is tracking this behavior for Anchor scenario, but I don't think it is planned to go into 7.0......

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I think we can by using ACS 5.X.... i dont hv the link handy though!!

Regards

Surendra

Community Member

Thanks but I am not using ACS. We are using Juniper's Radius.

Cisco Employee

I dont know how to do it on Juniper!!

Regards

Surendra

Silver

Well I have some fantastic news.... and then some horrible news at the same time...

In 7.0.116.0 a new feature was introduced called web auth on mac-filter failure.  Basically it does exactly what I think you are asking. Right?   You mac filter your wlan, and then if anyone fails the mac filter, they can web authenticate. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in an Anchored scenario  as the Mac filter is L2 performed on the Foreign WLC, and the Anchor does L3 with no knowledge the Foreign was good to bypass webauth....   CSCts54424 is tracking this behavior for Anchor scenario, but I don't think it is planned to go into 7.0......

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content